Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

m squared symbol

Status
Not open for further replies.

martin617

Technical User
Aug 1, 2003
GB
hello,

I was wondering if any one knows how to make the little 2 for "meteres squared" i'm running 2004

i have tried the standard windows way and this displays it in the mtext editor but when you click ok it reverts back to being noraml size!

can any one help?
regards
martin

²²²²
This was discussed at thread555-85045 was suggestion from "DORU":

1. You can write this only with True Type fonts (Arial, Times etc) not with Romans and others.
2. To do this you have to:
- launch the command Multiline Text (_mtext in Autocad 2000)
- change the font to Arial or other TT font.
- start writing in the windowL: m m then press the Alt key and with that key pressed, press one after each other the keys 0178.
- Release all keys and you will obtain the mm2 correct.

The way that I use is in mtext type m the sign "^" (over the #6) then your two. Highlight the "^2" and press the a/b button beside the color pull down. Still with it highlighted right click and choose properties. In the stack properties you have many choices. Hope this makes sense. Kat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back