Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

donbru01

Technical User
May 26, 2007
IT
Hi at all ,

What is the meaning of M Lines in Multiple sip peer profile

Thanx

m-lines are media lines, they describe the characteristics of the media being negotiated. Multiple m-lines means that you can offer more than one type of media in the same request (i.e. audio and video, or audio and fax). If it is single m-lines, in the fax case, you would offer audio, then if you detect fax, you'd have to re-offer fax (t.38), making it a two step process. Multiple m-lines cuts down on the amount of renegotiates required in some calls. It's also more complicated to implement, so some endpoints don't, which is why there is an option for it.

More likely to come into play on a web equipment or conferencing phone. Don't need it typically on just phones.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Good distinction to add. Multiple m-lines was added to support T.38 (fax) and it is also required now for UC360 since it supports video. If you're not doing any of those things, then you shouldn't need it enabled.

I am interesting this feature for Sip peer Profile for trunk sip , no T38 no Video Call ,only voice call to externalCall Center with Cisco .
I am some issue from when i have implemented this trunk , i suppose probably problem with blind-transfer back call.

Incoming call route to Mitel Mlaa , choise 1 go to trunk sip ( CUCM ) than if user Cisco make a blind transfer to Mitel i have some error .

Hi with SIP TRace all work fine , connection with Mitel and CUCM work fine except path replacement where Mitel not accept refer from cisco and each call to cisco and return back to mitel use 2channell .
Problem is old posted in this forum , more logs

Log Number: 2521
Date: 2012/Nov/12
Time: 16:59:13
Source: E2tSp
Description: Stream_E2T_Get_Unused_Channel -- no free channels
File Name and Line Number: Stream_E2T_Get_Unused_Channel;1264

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Log Number: 2522
Description: MCT_Process_E2T_Get_Port - E2T_FIRST_GET - no available E2T resources!
File Name and Line Number: MCT_Process_E2T_Get_Port;1133
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Log Number: 2523
Source: E2tProxySp
Description: Receive: When sending the command E2T_GET_PORT_ACK The following unexpected error occurred MCT_E2T_RESOURCE_NOT_AVAIL Line=0 Channel=0 TransactionId=0x20
File Name and Line Number: E2tProxySpImpl.cpp;6865
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Log Number: 2527
Source: CSC
Description: Unexpected Result requestCleanup - Task: Csc A Failure was encountered, cleanup requested
File Name and Line Number: RtpTdmConnection.cpp;1311

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Log Number: 2528
Source: CSC
Description: Unexpected Result InvokeAck - Task: Csc Request type: CSC_OPEN_RX has failed for message ID 0x8450a847 and connection ID 0x450a434. Sending NACK to client.
File Name and Line Number: CscMediaControlReply.cpp;89
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Log Number: 2529
Description: no free channels
File Name and Line Number: Stream_T2E_Get_Unused_Channel;1141

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Log Number: 2536
Time: 17:02:47
Source: MSGMH
Description: Open MID:84522a65 CID: 45224c3 MSGConnection[CID:4502b41] already exists, OpenRxNack to CCC.
File Name and Line Number: MSGNegotiator.cpp;367

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Log Number: 2546
Time: 17:08:23
Source: CCC_Ipsw
Description: CompleteFsmRequest: MID:84516d48 CID: 451659e PCC[ 0x451659E ]: Tx[ SIP, PortId:-1, CompId:-1, DN:2434 ] Rx[ TDM, PortId=14, CompId=16, DN: ] completed in [ 10000 ] msec in state [ AWAITING_OPEN_RX_ACK ] with a failure [ FSM_RX_OPEN_TIMEDOUT ]
File Name and Line Number: IPSwSP_fsm.cpp;5176
--------------------------------------------------------------

need restart Mitel to handle new call .

in this day i have modify sip peer profile with
1. renegotiate sdp to enforce symmetric codec=yes
2. allow peer to use multiple mLine= yes

At same time i have blocked blind transfer from cisco to mitel , user can only transfer call from cisco to mitel using offer .

No issue after 2 day ....

now i return back first allow user cisco to blind transfer

This is saying you are out of E2T channels:

Description: Stream_E2T_Get_Unused_Channel -- no free channels
File Name and Line Number: Stream_E2T_Get_Unused_Channel;1264

This has nothing to do with the SIP issue, it's an overloading of the system. What does your E2TShow say?

hi haven't e2t only onboard resource!
after 3 fix make 3 day ago we haven't logs abnormal
than problem is caused from trunk sip with cucm
monday we allow again cucm to make blind transfer , if issue occured problem is blind transfer from cucm to mitel , if not occured i return back configuration sip peer profile

haven't e2t only onboard resource!"...I'm a little worried about this statement. You have an E2T, you may not have an additional E2T card, but you have an E2T. Log into the RTC console and type E2TShow.

Hi at all , confirm all issue incoming when CIsco CUCM via trunk sip make a blind transfert to Mitel .
Today i have allow this feature after 3h more logs with error

Hi Irwin , about your question i have this HW Resource on my Mitel 3300 MXe
T1/E1 w/dual inband loopback
quad Bri(S/T)
Quad BRI(s/t)
4 sharc 21161 dsp
embedded echo cancellation 64 channel

Where is E2T ? there are a chance to reboot this E2T?
thanx

On a single processor card system, the RTC card contains the E2T functionality, so the RTC and 'E2T' are one in the same. So no, you cannot reboot the E2T without rebooting the RTC (main controller). Log into the console of the RTC and type E2TShow.

Also, I wasn't sure based on your previous post, are you still having issues?

hi yes issue is when from cucm make blind transfer to mitel
but i need make sometime this tranfer and i found command for restart e2t w/o restart call server when issue occur
sorry from command maintenance i cannot make e2tshow , i must connect via consolle cable?

What command restarts the e2t?

Yes, connect through the console cable or putty into the controller.

HI Irwin , i am try to connect via via putty but Mitel refuse connection i must use different port ?
You are very expert to Mitel ,can you say me from logs below if TDM,PortID:13 is channel 13 of my ISDN PRI ?

Date: 2012/Nov/23
Time: 10:51:26
Source: CCC_Ipsw
Description: CompleteFsmRequest: MID:8f889962 CID: 788905b PCC[ 0x788905B ]: Tx[ TDM, PortId:13, CompId:16, DN: ] Rx[ IP_PHONE, PortId=467, CompId=1, DN:301 ] completed in [ 10040 ] msec in state [ STREAM_CLOSED ] with a failure [ FSM_TX_CLOSE_TIMEDOUT ]
File Name and Line Number: IPSwSP_fsm.cpp;5176

With putty, use port 2002 in Raw mode.

That PortID is an internal one, nothing to do with a physical location.

The call however was made to DN 301. From that you should be able to tell who called through some testing. Try to call 301 through your PRI and you should get the another error.

Hi Irwin , thanx soo much yes now i can connected on RTC via putty .
But i have found new possible cause for my problem
Duplicate IP Address , how i can verify what IP Address is assign on E2T?

Log Number: 4950
Severity: Error
Date: 2012/Nov/22
Time: 09:32:09
Source: Duplicate IP Address Detector
Description: Possibly 2 computers with the same IP address (10.0.40.26). One of those computers has MAC address 9c:75:14:20:03:59. If this IP is used by the Mitel RTC card, E2T card, a phone or router, there may be disruption in telephone service.

If you're saying that you don't have a separate e2t card, then your e2t address is the same as your rtc (i.e. your MCD). So unless your controller is 10.0.40.26, then you are fine, however you may want to track down that duplicate IP address as it may be the source of your problems.

So you logged in, what does 'e2tshow' say? Post the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back