Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

M ICS page problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

futureserv

Technical User
Apr 16, 2007
US
I have a MICS we just reinstalled for someone and cant get the page to work. We have it set for page(allowed)at the set. I can hear the unit kick in(i hear speaker make crackle sound)but no audio from phone set. Using 41/16 for the make/break.

I have checked with butt set to make speaker thru the amp works at 40/15. ( it works)But when I have the page activated no go.

any ideas? What have I missed??

Thanks

Are you simply paging through the telephones? If so, you only need to add the phones to a page zone under each telephone capabilities:

Terminal sets
Capabilties
Page Zone

For instance, for paging internal, feature 610, Zero being the zone an 0 being ALL Phones, to page zone 1 telephones use feature 611, for zone 2 telephones featute 612, for paging external zones, feature 62, to page internal and external zone, ue feature 63.

If you are over-head paging to external zone, what are you using? and if you have to pass digits/tones, you'll have to use a loop start line/trunk off the system and NOT the page make/break pins. Th ePage trunk DOES NOT PASS digits. Some paging amplifiers do zoning and you need to inform it of the zone number from the dialpad.

Does this help?

I am sure that we set the phone set to allow page. Because when we do a test page the speaker clicks and the make break contacts close so the valcom page amp supplies 24 volts to the speaker.

I have tried it both ways, either thru the feature button and assigned paged button on 7316 attendants phone set.

One thing I did not do was listen to the page output on the 66 block at 40/15 with my butt set, because i was alone and not able to apply sound up front and listen out back at the same time.

But I could hear the click from speakers when page was applied.

Should I be able to hear audio thru the port on my butt set? I assume so. If the port is not activated I can use the butt set and speak and hear myself thru speaker. But when activated I can no longer hear sound.

thanks

The Tip and Ring is all you need if your not using music thru the speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back