Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LYNC Integration with IPO 500 V2, R8.1(81)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RingTHIS

Programmer
Aug 23, 2012
US
Hello,
I have installed One-X portal for a customer so that they can integrate LYNC to their IPO. I haven't actually integrated LYNC before so I'm also learning as I go. I have been able to suffer through the documentation well enough to get these two files to the customer to install on the client:

LyncIntegrationIPO-6.2.0-SNAPSHOT.msi

LyncSdkRedist-4.0.7577.124.msi

It's my understanding that once these two programs are executed, the option to integrate with the IPO will then appear in the "Tools" section of the LYNC Client.

When the customer executes the SDK program, he is getting several other programs that are required to be installed prior to THIS program installing correctly, such as Silver-Light, and others. He says that he finds it difficult to believe that he needs to go through this process for the deployment to work. He is having his doubts that I am directing him in the right direction due to this, and since this is my first time, I would like to make sure I am giving him the correct instructions. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thank You in advance,

Jim

You (and they) don't need the SDK. You only need that if you wanted to create your own MSI but for IP Office its already been done for you.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back