Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

.LWP File - What is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBuckley2000

Vendor
Oct 27, 2000
US
Does anyone know what a *.LWP file is? Is this maybe a Lotus WordPro file? It has been years since I have seen this file extension so I wasn't sure.

If it is a WordPro file, is there anyway to convert it to Microsoft Word? I am trying to help out a friend who has data she wants to hold on to that she created years ago.

Thanks for any help you can recommend!

JSF

Jason Facey
jfacey@lithonia.com

It's a Lotus WordPro file. I don't believe there are converters available for that. But, I could be wrong.

The best that I know is you have to ask someone who has WordPro to convert it for you. "Age is a high price to pay for maturity."

I Know it is a long time since you posted this message but I found a solution of sorts.

I downloaded a program called KVLOT32 from Lotus's website. It is a viewer for Wordpro files and then copied and pasted into word.

ftp://ftp.lotus.com/pub/lotusweb/product/smartsuite/kvlot32.exe

Thanks for the info - it will definitely help me out in the future...better late than never!

JSF

Jason Facey
jfacey@lithonia.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back