Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

lvmgreeting utility mess up

Status
Not open for further replies.

azrael2000

Technical User
Jun 10, 2008
CA
Hi guys.

I am trying to convert some customer recorded greetings from the wav file they supplied to a c11 autoattendant file, but for some reason it is fighting me.

I took the recording and converted it to 8000, 16k, mono, pcm uncompressed, then in the lvmgreeting utility entered the following:

inputfile: c:\myinputf.wav
outputfile: e:\myinputf.c11
AutoAttendant
Recording Name: myinputf.c11
Format : c11

I've used the same computer, same program, and now it keeps saying there is an error and look at the output.log file.

Where do I find the output.log file?

Regards

Try :
inputfile: c:\myinputf.wav
outputfile: e:\myinputf.c11
AutoAttendant
Recording Name: MyFirstMenu
Format : c11

Do not use VM or AA as the two first letters of the Recording Name, IPO doesn't like that.
The output log is found in the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Avaya\IP Office\Manager\LVMGreeting

I've seen this issue with LVM under 9.1
workaround is to use LVM from 9.0 - the converted files still work under 9.1

Try just launching Manager, then File > Advanced > LVM Greeting Utility. Select the Input File, the Output File, and the Recording Name, Output file type Auto Attendant, format G711

If my Automated Attendant is called menuDay, I will just call mu Output file menuDay.c11 and the Recording Name also menuDay. Makes things simple all around.

Works just fine in 9.1

Hi All.

TouchToneTommy: I will give that a try.
ilzzy: That is what I was doing (save for the different names, naturally).

I think TTT has got a good suggestion.
Will advise on outcome.

Regards

Hi intrigant.

I went into the folder you suggested and only see two files, neither of which are the output.log file.

As a guess I used another Manager program on another computer, and I do see it. Yay.

When I go into the file, it appears as if it is trying to create a file with a TOTALLY different name.

Any ideas as to why?

I'm going to put 9.0.0 onto an old laptop I have and try from there.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back