Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LVM Greeting Utility Auto Attendant 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tjohnston224

IS-IT--Management
Feb 19, 2014
US
Has anyone been able to use the LVM Greeting Utility convert a WAV file and use for the auto attendant on an embedded system with 9.0.4? I have converted the WAV, uploaded it to dynamic\lvmail\AAG, named it in the auto attendant(Recording name not file name), and rebooted the system.

However, the recording never plays. If I call into the AA menu to listen to the recording, it says this greeting has not been recorded. I am converting the original WAV in Audacity to 16-bit PCM, 8khx, mono. I notice that when I upload the .clp file to the system that the description on it is ALAW. The recordings that the system generates are ULAW, so I'm thinking that might be the issue. However, if I try to use Audacity to convert it into ULAW I get an error when using the LVM utility saying 'conversion failed'.

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

I remember having an issue with that and had to actually put them into the primary folder for it to work, rather than aag.

-Austin
ACE: Implement IP Office
qrcode.png

I have experience this as well, I cant fix it until I have a site with embedded and IPOSS to raise it with Avaya
(sucks how you have to pay to point out issues with their product to them)

work around was to manually record an announcement (system shortcode *91xxx# where XXX= huntgroup extension number) that matches the length of the prerecorded one, dig that out of dynamic\lvmail and rename the converted prerecorded wav with its exact file name, once you replace the manually recorded file with the renamed file under embedded file manager and reboot the system it will play.

this is a long winded work around not a solution, if anyone knows the solution I'd love to hear it but I have been able to replicate it across 3 sites so I'm 99% sure its a bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back