Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lun will not stop transitioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

RenC

MIS
Apr 7, 2003
US
We have a Clariion CX700. One of the first five drives seemed to register a soft failure, but did not completely die. EMC came out and replaced the disk. Write cache is pending, but it will not enable since the luns still show transitiong. Our current state is as follows:

BUS 0 ENC 0 Disk 0 from a physical level shows rebuilding
Lun current state shows transitioning
% rebuild under lun properties for the disk shows 100% rebuilt
The log files for the SP show the disk as being 100% rebuild
No hot spare is involved
72 GB drive
Lun has been transitioning for days

We have rebooted both service processors individually and it still has not changed the state of the luns.

Any ideas?

You could try stopping the Navi Agent and restarting it. It may be a Navi problem and not a Clariion problem.

The navi agent wasn't even loaded when the problem started. We have since loaded the agent.

I would call EMC back in and tell them to serial attach to the SP to find out why this disk is still transitioning and the cache be disabled.

It may be that the Hot Spare is not returning to it's Hot Spare state and therefore the Transition isn't complete. As I recall there was a code problem with some versions of flare that involved transitioning issues. If you intend to call EMC I'd recommend a code upgrade while he's there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back