Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LUN sizing on DS4800

Status
Not open for further replies.

d3funct

MIS
Jul 13, 2000
US
I have 3 new RAID 5 arrays made up of 10 disk each for a total of about 1.2TB. I was wondering what our limitations are for the amount of logical drives we can use on the DS4800. Do you know the max number of Logical Drives we can create before we start seeing performance degradation? I usually create a 272GB LUN and let them use that up but sometimes as much as 30GB goes unused for the life of the LUN. I want to create LUNS closer to the size they need (sometimes 300GB sometimes 64GB).
Any tips are appreciated.

Jon

Carpe Aptenodytes! (Seize the Penguins!)

You can create one array of bigger size and create LUNs of required size under the array and map it to the host. I am not sure on the limitation of disk in each array, but i was able to create an array with 30 disks each (of 36GB disk size). For better performance, have the preferred path as controller A for arrays created on drive channel 1 and 3... and B for arrays created on drive channel 2 and 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back