Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lucent firewall - LSMS brick

Status
Not open for further replies.

lengoo

IS-IT--Management
Jan 15, 2002
GH
Hi All,
I was wondering if anyone can help me. We had a problem with our Lucent LSMS software on our original machine. As a result we had to load the firewall software onto another machine which also happened to be the server.
Our VPN is up, but it is not possible for our remote users to connect to the server which has the firewall software installed. Does anyone have any ideas or help me?
Thanks very much

The LSMS is protected by a special firewall rules. Basically only tunneled encrypted traffic from bricks are allowed through.
Lucent has good reasons to do so. I would advise you to move the LSMS to a dedicated, otherwise unused PC. It does not need to run a server OS, e.g. NT Workstation is fine.
As the report generation can take lots of CPU you are better off with a dedicated LSMS machine.

Hope it's not too late, joined just recently

NorbertNetzwerk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back