Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lucent CBX 500

Status
Not open for further replies.

letanhien

Technical User
Oct 26, 2002
US
Hi,

Recently, our company bought couple Lucent CBX 500 and they all have a password protection. I wasn't able login with user/password "root/root" per documemtation from Lucent website. Is any one known the back door to reset the password back to default state from manufacture. I would appreciate very much.

Thank a bunch

Hi,

the default ppassword for the CBX500 is as login any word with more than 3 characters and pwd cascade.

there is a backdoor but you need to contact lucent TAC. it i s not as Cisco, at the end of a sequencce of keys the cbx is giving you a code that has to be processed with an internal tool for giving you the release code.

I hope this help

Stefano

Hi,

If cascade is not working, try to use NavisCore Operator password. It should work too.

But remember, working in CBX via console is so risky. Much more better is to configure CBX and GX network using NaviseCore, which prepare special configuration files (for PROM) and can always synchronize configuration. It also use SNMP to configure boxes.

In console, You must know all submodule addreses (is seems to be IP addreses, but is not) and parameters codes (which are not identical in all releases of software).

All, what You can do safely is ping and traceroute. You can also view procesor cards. Rest is unusable without good documentation and expiriences.

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back