Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lucent Cajun P120 password recover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Priit

ISP
Feb 4, 2003
EE
Hi All.
I bay a P120 from E-Bay. But the old owner don't remember the password for login.

How i can reset the password or get it ?

When connecting Avaya P120 to terminal, default password can be recovered by using “Set defpass” command. This command can not be implemented from the Telnet session.
See chapter 7 of the Avaya P120 User’s Guide - “CLI - Command Line Interface.”
Use the set defpass command to change all passwords back to their default settings.
Note:
To use the set defpass command your terminal must be physically connected to the Avaya P120 Console Port.
The syntax for this command is: set defpass.
The command should be performed from native CLI.

Hope this helps

Ok !

This command i can use if i login to the P120.

But i forget the login password :( and i can't use this command :(

No you did not need to be logged in if you connect to via the console at the front

Example:
Cajun P120>native
Console>set defpass
Passwords were set to their default values!
Console>

I have the same problem and the switch is not accepting the native command...

any ideas?

I had this same problem, but the command would only work on switches that were a certain OS version. I dont' remember what that version was, but if the switch won't take the command I think that you are out of luck.

Hi,

thanks for your answer. But I cannot accept that they haven't foreseen a way to restore the damn password!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back