Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lucent AP-1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

junior238

Technical User
May 21, 2001
US
I have a orinoco/lucent AP-1000 that I have lost the password to. Does anyone have a good link to a password recovery procedure? I've found the procedure for Forced Reload, but I found it confussing. It doesn't tell me how to connect to the AP after I've blown everything away. Any help would be appreciated.

PJ

Hi there,

Me too..... :(

I also got lost when I tried to change the old password with :
config services snmp community ..........

I don't know what I have done but
I can't loggin again and can't change anything.

Please please... help me recovery the password and/or
loggin as admin again.

Many many thanks advance !

press the reset button on the AP-1000 after reset press the Reload button and hold it for 30 secs .... whala AP-1000 is resetted to factory defaults.

Regards
Len

For AP-450,1000 and 1500 is possible to clear community table and login to empty root account.

Just connect some pc or terminal to serial/console port. Then reboot router (You don't remember password, so You must turn off/on power).

Few seconds after reset on you screen you should see something like "Press ^C^C to ...". Please, press twise CTRL-C. Router should stop booting and you see boot promopt.
After you type "?" or "help" router send short help about available commands. Find command that clear community table and then do this and reboot router again.

After router come back, login on root and empty password - it should work. Immediately restore all accounts that you need and set administration password.

Piotr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back