Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lucent 7406 Plus / IPOffice 2

jrothwell

IS-IT--Management
Nov 24, 2010
US
Documentation shows the TCM8 base card supports Avaya 7400 Series phones. I have a 7406 Plus and it does not power on or function. Is there a trick to getting this to work?

Thanks,
Jason

Wrong 7400 series. The TCM8 card is for just that, legacy Nortel Norstar TCM endpoints.

The 7400 series they're referring to are Nortel DECT cordless handsets that register to a digital mobility controller which connects to the IP office by way of TCM station ports.

An AT&T/Lucent 7400 series phone is a totally different animal, and they require 2 pair (4-wire) DCP ports which are not, and have never been available on any IP office hardware.

Thank you. Is this phone only compatible with Lucent Definity or is there any other system this phone will work with?

Jason

Yeah. It would be a Definity phone. IP Office doesn't support any four wire phones.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

I may be wrong here but i believe there was a card for the 74XX sets on the Merlin 2.

Thanks. After doing some research on it, it's the 008D card and apparently it's pretty difficult to find, but it will support those phone on the Merlin II.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back