Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ltid not running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaskin69

IS-IT--Management
Jan 3, 2003
CA
I am trying to configure a new media server in a SSO environment. I keep getting the following error when I try to configure shared drives:

Device configuration failed on host with the following error: The device name is not valid, no device responded(52).

I have found that ltid is not running on the server and when I start it, it won't stay up. Any ideas?

Hi!

If you are running windows 2000 check device manager for drives. If device manager "see" the drive try reinstalll veritas device drivers.

/Ulf

Please provide more details ...What version of NetBackup, how is the tape device connected, what is the tape device (Model/Make), is the media server the master, What OS etc.

We cannot possibly help without more information.

Master Server- Win2K SP4
- NBU DC4.5 MP5
Media Server - Win2k3
- NBU DC4.5 MP5

STK L700E - SDLT320 With 5 Drives

They are connect via Fibre. The OS can see them but I am unable to configure them on the Media Server.

Thanks in Advance.

I assume you are running the admin console? From where are you running it - The master or media or an admin desktop?

I am running the Admin Console from both the master server, but I have tried configuring it from the media server.

If you run it fro the master server, can you connect to the media server at all? Do you get any error (Besides the above) when you cnnect under devices? What I am looking for is to make sure that the master and media server are in each others servers lists?

Also, under Windows 2000/2003, you need to diable any robotics device because NetBackup needs control and by default W2K and W2K3 takes control - I can give you info on this if you would like in terms of how to disable by "Managing My Computer" go into storage and see if any devices are listed.

Yes I can connect to the media/master from each other, but the win2k3 box does see the robot in device manager, it would be great if you could forward me on the info on how to disable it without rezoning. I appreciate it.

First - Down load the Veritas Device Driver set from Install this ont he W2K3 box.

On the W2K3 box, right click on "My Computer" and select "Manage" from the list. Under "Storage", expand "Removable Storage". Select "Physical Locations" and on the right you should see all the devices, specifically the robot. Right click on it and select "Properties". At the bottom there is a check box "Enable Library" - This should NOT be checked. If you do not see the library in W2K3, then it is your hardware so you have to see it here before Veritas will see it.

From there, go into the management console and select devices - Click on "Actions" => "New" => "New Robot" and you should be able to create a new robotics device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back