Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

<?php load_view ... >

Status
Not open for further replies.

oenablx

Technical User
Feb 2, 2010
US
I'm a front end designer working on a php site can someone help me and tell me what is <?php load_view('mixtape/featured') ?> and where can i find the file so I can make edits?

Call Center & Call Center Services

somewhere in the set of php scripts there is a function called load_view(). this takes an argument and seemingly the argument 'mixtape/featured' is meaningful to that function.

I cannot tell without examining your full site code what this might be. However I'd guess that it is a helper function for a codeigniter (or similar) framework. and behind the scenes load_view would call load->view() on the then current object.

If I am right, the view will be contained in the file called featured within the subdirectory called mixtape.

editing mvc frameworks should not be undertaken unless you really know what you are doing. editing a view (the code in mixtape/featured) is somewhat more straightforward and less dangerous although you should ascertain the values of any potential variable before doing so.

try to find "views" directory somewhere. Then maybe under it you`ll find mixtape and featured dot php file which should this what you trying to find and edit. Before edit make a copy of this file....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back