Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

<Default Format> when Export to Excel 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

DawnJ

Programmer
Nov 22, 2000
US
I have Crystal Reports 8.0, Excel 2002 on Windows XP. When I export to Excel 8.0 files from Crystal and open the spreadsheet in Excel 2002, all 0(zero) values are displayed as <Default Format>. If I have someone else open the file that I exported, regardless of their Excel version, they also get <Default Format>.
NOW, if someone with Crystal Reports 8.0 export DLLs and Excel 2000 (or non-2002 versions) runs the same report and exports from their PC, the spreadsheet file will show zero values as 0.
Is this a Crystal Report problem or an Excel problem? Any ideas on how to fix this? I've checked my regional settings, Options tabs.
Thanks, Dawn

I am having the same issue, but am exporting to Excel 2000, worked fine in excel 9. If you have any answers, please let me know.

Cheers

Ozzie

No such luck. Luckily no users have complained about this yet, probably because most don't have Excel 2002. I'm ignoring the issue for now, because I am looking at replacing Crystal Reports anyway. The new pricing structure for user licenses may put it out of our price range, unless I can get the RAS server stuff to handle user requests. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back