Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

<B> Where to go after MCDST </B> 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajduk1

IS-IT--Management
Dec 3, 2005
GB
I have just passed my MCDST, and would like to know if there is an enhanced/expert version of this.

The MCDST is as you know the desktop support technication.

The next step will depend on where you want to go in IT. If you want to be a Windows Admin / Engineer then you should move to the MCSA and MCSE certs. If you want to work with databases then you will want to work on the MCDBA (if you are using SQL 2000) or (if you are using SQL @005) the MCTS: SQL Server 2005 and then either the MCITP: Database Administrator or the MCITP: Database Developer.

If you want to move into the network world look to the Cicso exams. If you want to be a unix/linux admin then look to the certs for the flavors of the OS that you want to work in.

Here is the full list of the currently available Next Generation Microsoft Certs and here is the URL for the general Microsoft Certs page
Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Configuration / Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Configuration)
MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005) / Database Developer (SQL 2005)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)
[noevil]

To ajduk1

You said you just passed the MCDST test. I went to class at New Horizon and to be honest i did not picked up much in this one week. The teacher covered everything so fast and his explaining was actl. that he took the book an read from the book the exact identical words.

Well, noe im here since 6 weeks and study each day for a few hrs to get things right. My problem is that I understand but if u ask me one week later I have to go back in in right quick.

So my question to u since u took the test already. How was it? Is it simple or are there some aclt. hard questiuons in it?

Dennis

I purchased from Turbocert the MCDST exam 70-271, 70-272. After clicking Load Training Course button I receive the folowing message:

TEastDatabaseManager.CreateDatabase-CannotCreate Databasefile "C:\courses\mcdst\MCDST.tsx.

I did search the disk and found the file in question. Uninstalled and reinstalled the program. Attempts to install the program on 4 different computers all running Windows Professional, resulted in the same error message.

Turbosoft and Videocerts websites are nonexsistent and the support email address does not work. Does anyone have an address or phone number where I can contact these prople to have this issue resolved. I would greatly appreciate it.

As it's trying to create the file make sure that the file DOESN'T exist and that you have permissions to create the file.

Denny
MCTS (SQL 2005 / Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Configuration / Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Configuration)

[noevil]

I believe the file DOES NOT exist. I am the Admin with full permissions

If it doesn't exist, what happens when you take the file that you said that you found and drop it into that folder?

Denny

[noevil]

The exact same thing. Error TEastDatabaseManager.CreateDatabase-CannotCreate Databasefile "C:\courses\mcdst\MCDST.tsx.

When I Google for turbocert I only get a bunch of threads which say that they are crooks.

I especially like this thread which has two people saying how good it is, but this thread is the only one which they ever posted in. Perhaps they worked for turbocert. In fact there appears to be a similar thread here on tek-tips thread468-1153070.

I would assume that they are out of business which is why you can't get any support. Did you purchase recently?

Based on what I saw in my Google search, I would recommend a finding a different study product.

Denny

[noevil]

At this point I'd recommend trying to get a refund. If they won't give you one, I'd challange the credit card transaction.

Denny

[noevil]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back