Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

<B>Printing selected record and selected record of a subform</b> 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jovuco

ISP
Oct 30, 2001
US
How do I print a selected record and only the currently displayed subform record of that selected record?
It prints up all subform records of a selected record instead of just the one I currently have pulled up.

What type of relationship do you have with the form/subform? It seems to me that if you put in a print button in the subform that selects that record, and it is related to a field in the main form, that that should work. I didn't try it, but from memory with my own database, this is how I've done it. But the print button actually has to be in the subform. I'm a newbie, so there's probably a better way to do this.

Setting up a print button to print record doesn't work, it prints all the subform records for a specific main record.

Thanks anyway, it was worth trying.

Does it do this even if you put the print button within the subform itself and then print choose selected record?

Did you look at the thread I posted? I had the same problem and that thread solved it for me

Yes, I did read your suggestioned thread, bobbster. That seems to be the best solution. I just wanted to see if there's an easier way then entering in values. But thanks, that's what I'll probbably do.

Thanks again, mulligh, but there doesn't seem to be a way of printing a specific record in the subform. I did put the "print" button in the subform, but it still printed all the subform records, not just the one displayed.

Thanks again, bobbster. That's how I currently print the correct records.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back