Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

<A HREF="#Top">Top</A> Not working in NN 6.2 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manch

Programmer
Jun 12, 2001
US
Is this a known problem in NN 6.2? All my anchors work except for the ones pointing back to the top. In IE the ones referencing #top work even if you omitt the top anchor.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Try the whole path!

<a href=&quot; link </a>

Have you made anchor name as <a name = &quot;top&quot; > TOP </a> ?

Try both! Sivakumar Kandaraj
web system programmer
Melbourne

That's right, it doesn't work in Netscape 6.
You have to create an ordinary local anchor:

<a name=&quot;top&quot;></a>

You can leave it blank, without any text or object inside <a></a> tags.
Place it somewhere at the top of your page.

I have tried placing the anchor <a name=&quot;Top&quot;></a> at top of page. I have also tried typing in the entire URL such as <A href=&quot; It still does not work.

Thanks for the ideas. Any other suggestions.

Hi,

I had this problem and the answer is that you need to put anything but &quot;top&quot; since top is sometimes a reserved word, eg use <a name=&quot;pagetop&quot;> and to reference
<a href=&quot;#pagetop&quot;>something like image or text</a>

Make your your <a> tag is wrapped round something like some text or a picture!

Hope that works!

Red

At this very moment I'm working on some site, and <a name=&quot;top&quot;></a> called from <a href=&quot;#top&quot;>...</a> works perfect in N6.2

references to named anchors are case-sensitive. Incorrect case may be honored, but isn't always (and shouldn't be). A reference to <a href=&quot;#Top&quot;>Go up</a> will not necessarily reach an anchor named <a name=&quot;top&quot;></a>.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back