Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LSP 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

btrain8

IS-IT--Management
Feb 24, 2005
US
Would anyone be able to send me any info or explain this simply to me regarding how LSP's work.

I have a main site 8700cm3.1 and we're putting in a s8300/g700 in a remote office as an lsp. While I understand the actual extensions get administered on the s8700 switch but what about dialplan/udp/aar type things. If I have 4 digit dialing setup between my offices which are all standalone how and where does the LSP get it's dialplan programming? I would imagine it gets configured locally as a standalone switch but while in lsp mode where is it getting it's dialplan instructions?

Also, if this new site will be using the main sites MM system what needs to be done on the MM side?? The offices will be linked by an MPLS network so medium isn't a concern.

Also, does it matter that the remote office will be running cm5 and the main site 3.1?

Get this documnent from the avaya site, it explains it very well.

Avaya IP Telephony Implementation Guide.

Thank you for the detailed explanation. Although it is a simple concept the implementation should be exciting to go through especially when you break the link and see what happens.

What should happen is what's called 'failover' - the LSP takes over within 3 minutes if the time is set well, the phones in the remote location have dial-tone, the trunking works in the remote location - and your users are able to work.

Cutting back can be set up to happen via translations when the ethernet connection is reestablished with the core PBX or can done manually with a reset system 4 in CM at the remote site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back