Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LSP registered or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

mojoputter

Technical User
Oct 11, 2005
US
CM 3.1.4

I have an LSP that shows me that its registered but I cannot save translations to it. I log into the gateway, Show mgc and it shows its registered.

I have used the upgrade tool from the web maintenance page and it shows a certificate error under the update version column.

I'm lost on this one, any ideas what to look for..?

If you do list media on the main CM, registered is y for that gateway?

The main site is CM 3.1.4 and yes, it shows that it is registered at the main S8700.

try to re-typ the ip address of the CLan- on the configuration of the LSP. or use an other CLAN in your system. stop and start the CM on the LSP server

Yes it is registerd to the 8700, when I type List surv it shows registered, when I display media-g 4 it shows registered.

I have rebooted and powered off the LSP, without any luck. I will try the C-lan reconfig.

check the date and time in the main and in the LSP
They should be the same.

From the main to the LSP try to copy the current xln1 file

(Below is from the main linux prompt - substitute your lsp ip address for 192.168.2.2)
If only one LSP is not working, try the same command to copy the xln1 file to a different LSP. Transfers should be equally as fast. Slow or stalled file transfers indicate a network issue.

scp /etc/opt/defty/xln1 192.168.2.2:/var/home/ftp/pub

with a great network, a 4mb xln1 file should transfer in a couple of seconds.

to check sizes of the file before and after the transfer:
ls -l /etc/opt/defty/xln1
ls -l /var/home/ftp/pub/xln1

Check these and toggle on and off with the Web Browser firewall settings.
ip_fw -q -s 21874/tcp (check firewall ports for filesync allowed) MV1.x uses port 514/tcp and
512-1023/tcp - CM2.x uses port 21873/tcp - CM3.x and > use
port 21874/tcp

cd /var/log/ecs/filesync;ls -l (check filesync log files)

From the main (check the LSP registered ip_addresses):
cat /etc/opt/defty/lspNodeList

From the LSP (check the CLAN register to ip_address):
grep PrimaryAddr /etc/opt/ecs/ecs.conf

From the LSP (check the Main active / standby ip_addresses):
grep srayPA /etc/opt/ecs/ecs.conf

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

36 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 26 years and counting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back