Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LSP Not working 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

shandy11

Technical User
Dec 11, 2003
SG
I have a S8710 (main) and the LSP (G700 with 8300) is not working although the is gateway is already registered to the c-lan in the S8710. It only work as if a remote gateway but the LSP is still out of service. The RFA has LSP RTU on and I have rebooted the G700 after all the config. Please advise what could be the problem. Thanks.

If the LSP is registered, the 8300 won't do much of anything. It's purpose is for when the LSP is not registered. Could you be more precise as to the meaning of "not working"?

Click below for S8700 Media Server information

Hi Shandy11,

I am having the same issue in our syste. The gateay is registered but the LSP in it is out-of-service. I was wondering if you could give some hints if you eventualy managed to fix the problem and if so how.

Many thanks

ssokoly/shandy 11

I too have this same problem, did you get a fix in the end?

thanks for any help you can give

Uh oh. I'm seeing a trend here. I have a large customer with about 30 LSP sites where all the LSPs where working and all of a sudden, they stopped working over the weekend. All the LSPs read "out of service" and when I log into the LSPs individually, they all have an alarm "Features exceed license". My issue may be improper application of a new license. I am running the latest CM1.3 on the S8700 and all the S8300s. What are the rest of you running?

I'm still looking into our problem, I'm pretty sure someone applied a new license to the S8700 and neglected to downaload and install new licenses for the S8300 LSPs. I have calls out to the people who might have done it.

If that's the case, I am going to download the latest license from the RFA website and apply it to the S8700 and all the S8300 LSPs. I just want to be sure before I undertake license downloads on 30 S8300s.

If you don't have a large number of LSPs, you could try that. But I don't know if your issue is the same as mine as I don't know what error codes you are getting on the LSPs. In my case, the S8700 is not throwing alarms because all the gateways are registered, it's just the LSPs that read "out of service" when you list them.

I'll post our final solution and maybe it can help.

Just reviewing some potentials problems I may face undertaking a couple s8700 in the near future. How are you logging into the LSP (ASA, Web Site or Telnet), which commands are you using to see the LSP "Out of Service".

Also when you have LSP can they run on a G700 w/o an S8300/s8700?

Thanks in advanced if anyone can help me with these question getting more familar with 87xx!

There are two ways to acces the LSP. If you are connected to the network, and there is no network issue preventing you from accessing the site where the LSP is located, you can telnet, use ASA, or web browse into it over the LAN/WAN.

If network connectivity is down, there is a modem you can use to dial into the S8300 LSP. Then use a PPP connection to telnet, use ASA, or web browse into the S8300 LSP.

The "display lsp" command will list all LSPs adminstered on the system and show the service state. Properly connected LSPs will be "in-service idle" or something like that. If they are in "out-of-service" state, either network connectivity was lost between the S8700 and the LSP and the remote site is in LSP mode, or there is a problem with the LSP communicating to the S8700 (system shut down, network issue, license error, etc.)

A Local Survivable Processor (LSP) is actually an S8300 processor in either a G700 or G350 Media Gateway and needs to have an S8700/S8710 or S8500 primary Media Server. The S8300 will run for 144 hours in LSP/license error mode if the site looses connection to the primary Media Server.

Thank you very much for the clarifiaction!

So the command "disp lsp" would be used from ASA or Telnet or is there a inteface on the web where you can use this as well?

One other quick question in regards to LSP, if I reviewing documentation rom Avaya site and it has " The following command was excuted from the Avaya S8700 Media Server SAT.." does that imply ASA?

Thanks again!!!

We are running CM 2, so I know we're a little different, but we have an S8500 with an S8300 at the remote site (setup as LSP). When we lose connectivity from our network going down, we have to get into the LSP and do a "reset system 4". Once that completes we're good to go.

Not sure if this is the resolution, but just thought I'd throw in what I've seen on our system. :)

Here is my coment and perhaps question or two. I have an 8500 as a host and g700/s8500 as an lsp in my lab. Currently I'm experimenting with it before i deploy it. When I intentionaly disconnect ethernet to lsp, the lsp goes into survivable mode and continue to provide sevice ie station to station calls. By issuing command "reset system 4" commant to lsp (assuming your network is up now) you can ASA into it and issue above command, The lsp will do a reeboot and go back to host server. You are back in business.
I'm inthe process of adding local T1 tie trunk to lsp from my second host that is 8710 to simulate bell trunks. I would like to use it to route calls to host when network is down. I believe this done thru IGAAR (CM 3.0).

Here is my question: If I only have one CLAN card in host 8500 and would like to deploy 3 lsp's off of it, can I have three network regions for each lsp and use the same CLAN in the host? I would like to hear from experts who has deployed multiple LSP's off of same host, perhaps I place a call to one of you experts to get corroboration.

Ah I see a print screen shoot of what I believe is an S8xx web and it has ASA so I guess you can use ASA in the web GUI as opposed to the old way with G3x and R version where you had to install the sopftware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back