Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LSP filesync doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

auskar85

Technical User
Dec 5, 2012
LT
We have many G430 with S8300D lsp at branch locations. All locations except one are fine.
At one location files are not synching.
At main server I enter command: "filesync -w -a lsp IP_Address trans", i get error: Return status: 9 (Error encountered).

I just looked at meanings of codes:
0 Successful
2 Synchronization is in progress.
3 Synchronization is currently inhibited or disabled.
4 Pre-script execution returned non-zero status.
5 Post-script execution returned non-zero status.
6 Request is bad (such as bad set name).
7 An error occurred during file synchronization.
8 An local error occurred.
9 In CM <=3.0: DUP filesync error -- dup server is out of service. In CM >=3.0: ESS filesync error
10 In CM <=3.0: Encountered some error. In CM >=3.0: DUP filesync error
11 In CM <=3.0: Local system error. In CM >=3.0: Encountered some error
12 In CM >=3.0: Local system error

It means something with ESS, but we have no ESS, only LSP's (CM 6.3). Time, MID's are correct.
Thanks for any help.

daft question but in list sur the kit is listed as lsp ?

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

This lsp is on the same firmware or higher than the core ?

If you do statapp on the core/ lsp is the filesync process running?

also try this
Issue a ping -s 1472 (LSP/ESS IP Address) ---> this is 1500 with overhead
If it fails, most likely this might be the cause. One way to confirm if this is the case
is to transfer the Translation files (xln files) from the Main Site to the ESS/LSP
using FTP. If that works, then the Network is not the cause of the problem.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

maybe you can post some stuff from /var/log/ecs relating to the failures when you try a filesync or a save trans all.

silly, but, are dates/times in sync between them? I'm pretty sure that can be a cause of trouble.

We recently experienced filesync errors because an ESS had gone active and would not release control. When we listed survivable servers, it showed as active. Does yours? We had to login to the ESS and issue a reset system 4 command before it would let go.

If your ESS is active "list surv", then if it's showing Active as anything but "N" then get control back gracefully:
"get forced XXa" or whatever IPSI+PN you want it to grab back.

Also like others said:
list survi <<check if its listed as an LSP or ESS. If a h248 media gateway then it should be an LSP. ESS would be a physical standalone server (or a VM on newer systems). This needs to be accurate or you'll have problems.
swversion << on both the core CM and the survivable site. The survivable needs to be equal or higher to the core. No other combinations.

Also memory size needs to match core , have you tried the mtu ping ?

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

I tried ping from main server to lsp and it failed.
Before post i tried ping from lsp to main server and it was successful, so i didn't realised to try to ping backwards. It is some network issue. Now i understand that lsp registration goes in oposite direction than file synchronisation (lsp showed registered).
Thank you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back