Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LS Trunks with Auto-attendant

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnowHope

Technical User
Oct 2, 2010
ZA
Hi Guys,

I'm having issues with an analogue trunk. The problem is when an incoming call hits the auto-attendant and the call is terminated, by the caller, before the call it transferred the line locks up. This is until I physically disconnect the trunk.

I have tried alot of different settings in the circuit descriptor form, but no joy.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

loop start trunks?

The single biggest problem with communications is the illusion that it has taken place.

Are these embedded trunks? If so, use tthe settings in the analog trunk assignment form instaead of the trunk descriptor form.

NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED!

Yes they are embedded, but do I no need to specify a circuit descriptor in the trunk assignment?

YES. Trunk Descriptor is required. Most signalling parameters are enabled in the ANALOG TRUNK form.

Have you used the LS measure tool?
This should be able to auto set your CO circuit descriptor

Share what you know - Learn what you don't

Have you tried manually going on the line when disconnected from the 3300 and see if you get the same behaviour?

As well when you say the trunks are loop are you saying you bought loop trunks or you have manually confirmed they are loop start trunks with a but set?

The single biggest problem with communications is the illusion that it has taken place.

I can confirm it is indeed a loop start.

I haven't tried the LS measure tool, I will give it a bash.

"Have you tried manually going on the line when disconnected from the 3300 and see if you get the same behaviour?"

Yes disconnecting fine, problem seems to be specifically with the Auto-Attendant/Voicemail.

Thanks for all your help so far

What's your Circuit Descriptor settings recomendations from the line provider for disconnection timer/flash timer in circuit descriptor asignment for that LS trunk your using? Suggest, you try to speak to them and let them know the 3300's settings so that the lines disconnect properly from both party!
Or, have a play and at a guess try 300 and 200 (settings are in milliseconds) repectively! After altering them test it out!!
NOTE:The thing is the line provider will need to adjust their settings as well!

Sounds like to me that the trunk is not interperating a disconnection signal from the 3300 correctly thus leaving the trunk open! (and locking up as you would say).
Hope this help,if not then at least I tried!

Is the controller grounded? Not through the cord; connect a #12 awg tto the ground lug and run it to the same ground the telco uses.

calling Party disconnect" in CO trunk descriptor?

This has really opened up a lot of possible solutions.

@yeahbutno

I haven't had any joy out of the service provider (Like pulling teeth). I have tried various disconnect timings, with no lucky. I will keep trying to find out from the SP on the correct settings.

@nytalkin

I will check the current state of the ground/earth currently on the 3300.

@LoopyLou

I have tried calling party disconnect, but the call terminates as soon as it is initiated.

I haven't had a chance to return to the client as yet, but will let you guys know asap.

I have left the Auto-attendant non-operational in the mean while, strange that a call can be terminated fine between trunk and extension.

I had a very similar issue, the AA would not hang up but a call answered with the butset or any extension on the system would disconnect just fine..to find that the lines giving trouble were punched in parrallel with other equipment (alarms, etc.).. It was a multi-site setup so I just ended forwarding the bad lines to another site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back