Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LS trunks ring after 4 ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

loopretnav

Technical User
Dec 13, 2005
BB
Hi All

This is my problem on a 3300ICP MXE with MCD4.2

Customer has 12 extensions and 5 ls trunks.

On these extensions I have labeled keys with the
actual directory number of telco no. eg 4943333.

When I call these numbers the line rings after 4 ring tone
on the other end.

All extensions are 4 digits.

Can you clarify. The issue is the trunks ring 4 times before there is any ringing on the acutal phones? Only seen this problem ( if thats what it is ) when CLID ( delivering calling telephone number ) enabled on the trunks but none provided by the carrier. I beleive that option is in the trunk circuit descriptor.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

This sounds like the same problem I had many years ago on an SX2000

In the Trunk Class Of Service, I suspect the ANI/DNIS is set to yes. Change this to No and it will probably work.

Yes LoopyLou when I call from my Cell I get 4 ring before the actual phones ring.

may be u active class trunk in your discriptor on ANI....in cos .

Swinstation

then check the cct descriptor for the trunks.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

I checked ani/dnis on cos for trunks as 12345kevin said and that cleared the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back