Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LPT1: still wont Print.....!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeCoyle

IS-IT--Management
Jun 12, 2002
GB
I have a 2100 and installs ok to the HP DOT4 port and prints - the wkstn is W2Kpro. Problem is that I've tried to swap to port LPT1 and now wont print... have removed the drivers and reinstalled clean, have tried both par cable and USB - I need the the printer on LPT1 to enable citrix pickup of the default printer... anyone came upon this before?
Cheers.

Are you trying this because you're under the impression Citrix won't print to a networked printer? If so, Citrix in fact will print to a networked printer. Unfortunately I don't have the specific information as to how to do this, but I know it can be done.

The printer should work on the lpt1 port, have you installed the printer driver on that machine?

How is the printer connected? Is it connected locally or is it a networked printer that you are trying to put on your LPT1 port?

make sure its map right if its networked

gunthnp
Have you ever woken up and realized you where not alive.

Is the printerport LPT1 mentioned as ECP printerport in the Device Manager on the wkstn ? The printer has to be connected to a parallelport, capable of using ECP mode or bi-directional mode. Check the settings of the parallel port mode in BIOS on the wkstn.

I am having a similar problem- everything is in working order, but the thing won't print anything but diagnostics. I found a suggestion to connect using a USB cable instead of the parallel port. It worked for him, but I haven't tried it yet. If I can find him again, I'll send you to the spot. Good luck (to both of us!)

laurieboo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back