Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

lppchk errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesusLuvR

IS-IT--Management
Dec 10, 2008
US
Hello I tried to upgrade my system from 5300-0-0 to 5300-09-00. There were errors in the upgrade as reported using lppchk -v:

# lppchk -v
lppchk: The following filesets need to be installed or corrected to bring
the system to a consistent state:

invscout.rte 2.1.0.0 (not installed; requisite fileset)
invscout.rte 1.4.1.0 (not installed; requisite fileset)
invscout.rte 2.1.0.1 (not installed; requisite fileset)

Because of these errors the os level is only at 5300-05-06. How can this be fixed so I can complete the upgrade? Thank you,

David

Hi!

If you do not use Invscout, you can simply uninstall it and its dependent filesets.

Anyhow, you can try fo install the fileset from an INSTALL (not UPDATE) package using the -F option of installp? If it is successful, the you can update it on the regular way.

Also you can use oslevel command to query, which packages are missing from a particular level.

--Trifo

trifo is right ...

And it's really important to start by installing the BASE Level Fileset 2.1.0.0 before a system upgrade is going to work ...

This is great info guys and very much appreciated but I am new to AIX and actually an Oracle DBA. My company no longer has any Unix admin so I am wearing two hats now. Is there anywhere I can get very specific instructions on how to install the BASE Level Fileset 2.1.0.0? Whare can I actually get these files? To make matters worse, we do not have any IBM AIX support other than the ability to down load software. Your assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

- David

I tried to deinstall invscout.ldb using smit install

- Software Maintenance and Utilities
- Remove Installed Software
- SOFTWARE name [invscout.ldb]

It was successfull however when I run lppchk -v I still see some issues.

# lppchk -v
lppchk: The following filesets need to be installed or corrected to bring
the system to a consistent state:

invscout.rte 2.1.0.0 (not installed; requisite fileset)
invscout.rte 2.1.0.1 (not installed; requisite fileset)

Can this be cleaned up?

- David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back