Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

lpfc.conf

Status
Not open for further replies.

solaix

MIS
Oct 23, 2002
US
Where can I find the WWPN that gets configured in lpfc.conf file.
I'm new to SAN storage and currently have a cx400 clarion attached to a 32 port switch. Zoning has been setup, luns have been created. The sd.conf has been setup, but I cannot figure out where I would find the WWPN that I need to place in the lpfc.conf file. I checked out the Navisphere gui, which shows that WWN that gets established from the switch, however that is not the address required for lpfc.conf.

Please Help!

What OS are you running and what HBA are you using?

The WWNN and WWPN are normally the same.

If this is an emulex HBA then you can go into /usr/sbin/lpfc/lputil.

Again, the WWNN (World Wide Node Name) and WWPN (World Wide Port Name) are usually the same. Go to the switch that your fibre is connected to a look at the name server for the port login information.

you can get it with the "lputil" utility. It ussualy comes with the driver. Get it from Driver comes with utility HBAnywere. Inside HBAnywere is lputil.

thanks. I was able to determine what I should be binding to. However, I am having I still cannot see my devices. I think my problem is on the Navisphere Control side. My zoning looks good. sd.conf and lpfc.conf look good. Navisphere Control manager recognized my WWN for my HBA's that are connected to a switch, but they are listed as not registered. When I register them, they indicate that they have manually been registered, therefore the agent status says "is not a managed host, Unable to retrieve Remote Agent Configuration." I've tried unregistering, then rebooting the SP's to discover the hosts, but it always comes back as unregistered. I'm at a loss.
Any help would be appreciated. (Solaris host -- connected to CX400 -- connected to CLARION, using Navisphere 6.x)

I can see my disks, found a switch in lpfc.conf that needed setting. Now that I am past that, I ran the powerpath commands looks ok. Now I trying to bring in more disks and cannot see the new ones, but can still see the existing. Woe is me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back