Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LPA FAULT 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiospazz

Technical User
Aug 19, 2008
CA
We just did a fibre upgrade to ur 81C as well as new software on both of our processors. Now, all DC powered call display analog phones, ie, 9116, have their LPA on even when they don't have messages. Anybody ever heard of this?

I use the MCK key, then I go to the frame and listen for the lamp pulse. I find that the switch no longer sending the lpa signal, but the phone still flashes... I unplugged a phone this was happening to for 5 min. plugged it back in and it still flashed. After 30 min. it then stopped flashing and worked fine, however, the other 154 faults like this were not able to be fixed this way.

Tried:

DISU, ENLU
DELETING VM and re-enabling
made sure Call Pilot was sending the clear request
It all seems to come down to the type of phone, hard to beleive anybody else who gets this same upgrade isn't seeing this fault.

I downloaded the User Manual for that phone from:
There is a procedure for "Installation – Line Power PBX" as well as "Clear Message Waiting"

I wonder if this is just going to be a "one time" problem - due to something that occurs during the install?

~~~
[small]GHTROUT.com | Get the Input/Output Manuals | Tek-Tips FAQs | Recent Replies[/small]

Hmmm, interesting, I will look into it, thanks a lot

Ya, I see what you are saying now, but we use 9116CW not "LP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back