Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

lp scheduler

Status
Not open for further replies.

3in2te1n

Technical User
Nov 27, 2001
DE
Hi!
I´ve got a C3600 with HPUX11 and there are many printers in the lpspooler. The problem is every time I start with lpsched i get the message "scheduler is running". so far so good. But the scheduler dies immediately again. What´s the problem. Please help!
Many Thanks
carsten

p.s. Jetadmin is Rev 6.21

Are you sure a new daemon is starting and stopping when you run lpshut and lpsched? Try running "ps -ef | grep lpsched" and check time and date. You might have to kill the daemon with the kill command.

Thanks for your fast reply. I ´ve already checked this. There´s no running job. In the moment i try to recover my lpspooler configuration from a tape.
Usually removing SCHEDLOCK- and FIFO-file from /var/spool/lp directory takes effect, but in this case it doesn´t work.
Have you or anybody additional ideas to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance
carsten

Are there any messages written to /var/spool/lp/log or /var/adm/syslog/syslog.log?

You could make try making sure that there are no files waiting to be printed in the printer directoies under /var/spool/lp/request/printername. Sometimes part-printed files can create odd knock-on effects - although this may be a long shot.

There's an excellent document on the HP responce centre called spoolkick, do a search and work through it....

Regards
Clare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back