Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Loyalty MemberShip Program with Aloha 5.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonmeas

Programmer
Feb 17, 2012
Hi,
I have few questions regarding building a loyalty system with our Aloha 5.3 POS. Our requirement is to have customer & corresponding trans data extracted from the system either to dbf or txt file for marketing purposes. During transaciton customer introduce membership cards either by swiping or keyed-in through the terminal... System would be able to search through phone number or lastname if customer forgot their card.

My question would be:
1- How can I key in my list of customer to Aloha system? Aloha has its own membership module, can we use that without custom built and can this be used for our purposes?

2- Is Aloha terminal would support mag-stripe card that contain probably cusomerid? Can it also seach through phone number to locate customer?

3- How about extracting the transactional data... Can I run rpt.exe and get Customer and Transaction info associated with it.

4- How about Aloha Efrequency program?? do they have all those functionality I've described above?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Aloha Loyalty has all of those features and much much more. Its a pretty decent product and will likely be cheaper in the long run than trying to re-invent the wheel. Most of the functions you listed will be very difficult to accomplish and you will end up with very few features, if any, to leverage for your marketing efforts.
Based on your post, I would imagine the learning curve will simply be too great.
So I suggest #4, although it's not called eFrequency anymore.

Efrequency is the old name, Aloha Loyalty is the new name. You do not need Membership but Memberlink will allow you to mine more customer data by getting the customer to enter it on your hosted website. One point 1, you can swipe the new card at the POS to activate it. With Memberlink the customer then goes to the website and enters their information. Your Aloha enterprise site will allow you to pull reports concerning Loyalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back