Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

low water mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulenTT

IS-IT--Management
Jan 15, 2002
TR
goodmorning,
My legato e-mails me a message like this,
I could not understand what it meant.
Would you please help me about it?
Message is:
NetWorker Media: (alert) Volumes in jukebox 'adic' have passed the low water mark

You will get that message when the unused capacity on all of the volumes in the autochanger (jukebox) is
lower than the low water mark specified for the Minimum Space attribute in the Jukebox
resource. By default the Minimum Space attribute is 7 gigabytes. I think you get it at about 90% of capacity.

Running nsrjb -v will show you useful info at the end,
10 volume(s), 2 less than 80% full.
29 GB total capacity, 8749 MB remaining (70% full)

I believe that you can change the Minimum Space attribute in the JB resource if you feel you need it to be higher or lower.

The purpose is to keep you informed when you might be closing to running out of tape for your backups.

HTH
pt

This errormessage is a bug in networker 6.02. Installing networker 6.1-1 (there is also a patch) will resolve this problem

I emailed Tech Support a few weeks ago and was told that Networker uses space on each tape for overhead, and that this message signifies that a backup ran over into that space (v6.1.1). Or it could mean you won the lottery. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back