Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

low volume on voice mail messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnytripod

IS-IT--Management
Jul 19, 2005
US
We're using a Partner Plus v 4.0 although is has a VS Mail 1.0 module. On SOME of our voice mail messages (such as from my Nextel phone) the volume upon playback is very low. Any settings to check or alter? Thanks.

Also, are there no forwarding of voice mail message to other mailboxes in version 1.0?

Chris Sideris
Sacramento Cabinet & Millwork, Inc.

Hi johnnytripod,
The volume setting is system wide, unless you have a bad station or CO port. I would expect noise also then. Cell connections tend to have low level (Nextel?)

Release 1, time to upgrade to Messaging 7.0. With any luck, you will have a lightning hit and it will be an insc. upgrade. Many features have come out since your release. You are living in the semi-dark ages. :)

-Chris

Chris - Thanks. I knew it was old but it came with the system via auction for a good price. You say the volume setting is system wide. Where is that? At least I may be able to bump everything up. Thanks again. Love these forums.

Chris Sideris
Sacramento Cabinet & Millwork, Inc.

Hi Chris,
There is no setting for volume. I just meant the volume is set for SLP phones, voicemail - everything. The Partner phones have volume control, but that's it. Sorry, didn't mean to get your hopes up.
Cell carriers tend to have loss in there network so they sound lower, also touch tones need to be pressed longer to be recognized by the voice mail.
-Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back