Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

low volume on phones 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

akb1111

Programmer
Aug 28, 2008
US
hey guys,

just wondering if anyone has had the "low volume" problem? i have a customer that has the following...

412 (4.2.14)
30 DS
16 DS
8 anaolog
all phones are 4412 and 4424 sets

they are complaining that 2 out of the 35 phones are "fading" in and out or have low volume problems.

any help would be great.

>2 out of the 35 phones

Potentially a handset issue.

have you applied basic trouble shooting techniques?
(like swapping handsets with othet staff and seeing if the fault follows the phone or swapping line cords or ear pieces or turning up the volume on the phone or even verified that the fault exists)

What sort of lines?

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

customer using PRI.

we replaced both of the phones with new 4412. the phones seemed to work good for a couple of hours, then they called back saying it was doing it again.

im going to try and move the ports that are having trouble to unused ports to see if that works?

i was just wondering if anyone has had this problem and how they fixed it.

thanks for all the help

Maybe the cabling is bad ?

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

if it was the cable, do you think it would either work or not?

i have not yet tried a different cable. i dont know if that is the problem, but its worth trying.

thanks

How do you test is?

Call a single extension, or call a group of extensions?
I could imagine that when you call a large group then the power supply cannot handle the power.

Avaya_Red.gif

Also mind this:

Note: A maximum of twenty-seven 4412D telephones are supported on the IP500 DS30 expansion modules and on IP400 DS30 (version 2) expansion module at PCS level 5. Earlier IP400 DS30 expansion modules will only support sixteen of these telephones.

im going to try and change the power supply. hopefully this will fix it.

tlpeter, i was afraid you were going to say that. not that i already new this, but something was bound to happen as this is one of the best customer we have (the kind you wish for). they are always polite and never say a bad thing, and always pay on time.

it sucks to break the bad news. would you suggest putting in 5410 sets? and if so, do you think this would fix the volume problem?

You could also add another DS16, probably cheaper then 35 new phone's but that is up to the customer :)

I had a similar issue, my customer is running 4.2.14. the volume on the phones was reseting after every call. So I ended up finding out that on 4.2, under the extensions tab their is a option that resets the volume after every call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back