Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Low Music on Hold volume for Queue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sccoppa

IS-IT--Management
Jun 30, 2004
US
Hi All,
I have developed a strange issue over the past week. The Music on Hold volume for callers waiting in a queue has become very low... we really have to strain to hear it. The music source (PC sounds card playing Windows media Player wma files) generates a lot of sound to headphones and speakers, and to the TN the wires are punched down on. When dialing the Music on Hold ext 7140, the music volume is fine. But for the queue, callers are sent to the queue, they'll hear two rings, then dead silence for 20 seconds and then very low music on hold.
Below is a queue programming setup.

ACDN 8103

TYPE ACD
CUST 0
ACDN 8103
MWC NO
DSAC NO
MAXP 20
SDNB NO
BSCW NO
ISAP NO
AACQ NO
RGAI NO
ACAA YES
FRRT 45
FRT 6
SRRT 45
SRT 120
NRRT
FROA NO
NCFW 4513
FNCF NO
FORC YES
FCFT 10
SPCP YES
OBTN NO
RAO NO
CWTH 1
NCWL YES
CWLF 2
CWLW 3
BYTH 5
OVTH 2047
TOFT NONE
HPQ NO
OCN NO
OVDN
IFDN
OVBU LNK LNK LNK LNK
EMRT
MURT 40
RTPC YES
STIO 3
TSFT 20
HOML YES
RDNA NO
DAL NO
RPRT YES
RAGT 4
DURT 30
RSND 4
FCTH 20
CRQS 100
IVR NO

Thanks all for your help.

1) Does it occur every time or sporadically?
2) Is Route 40 the music source for queue 8103 only or is it used elsewhere (i.e. main Music on Hold, used with another queue, etc)?
3) If it is used elsewhere does the problem occur there as well?
4) How many trunks are assigned to Route 40?
5) Please post the route and trunk programming as well.

Regards,
Harry
"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson

Hi hhallett,
It happens all the time, yes route 40 is our music source. The problem appears everywhere the music route is used. Only 1 trunk is assigned in route 40. Below is the print off of the the two music route, but only 40 is used. Not sure why we have two... they are have been there since I started.

prt

TYPE: rdb

CUST 0

ROUT 40

TYPE RDB

CUST 00

DMOD

ROUT 40

DES

TKTP MUS

NPID_TBL_NUM 0

ICOG OGT

SRCH LIN

STEP

BDCT NO

ACOD 7140

TARG

CLEN 1

OABS

TIMR ICF 512

OGF 512

EOD 13952

DSI 34944

NRD 10112

DDL 70

ODT 4096

RGV 640

GRD 896

SFB 3

TFD 0

SST 5 0

NEDC ETH

FEDC ETH

HOLD 02 02 40

SEIZ 02 02

RGFL 02 02

CDR NO

MUS NO

TTBL 0

OHTD NO

ALRM NO

SGRP 0

AACR NO

REQ: prt

TYPE: rdb

CUST 0

ROUT 39

TYPE RDB

CUST 00

DMOD

ROUT 39

DES MUSIC2

TKTP MUS

NPID_TBL_NUM 0

ICOG OGT

SRCH LIN

STEP

BDCT NO

ACOD 7139

TARG 01

CLEN 1

OABS

TIMR ICF 512

OGF 512

EOD 13952

DSI 34944

NRD 10112

DDL 70

ODT 4096

RGV 640

GRD 896

SFB 3

TFD 0

SST 5 0

NEDC ETH

FEDC ORG

HOLD 02 02 40

SEIZ 02 02

RGFL 02 02

CDR NO

MUS NO

TTBL 0

OHTD NO

ALRM NO

SGRP 0

AACR NO

REQ: end

Thanks

And if that doesn't work, re-punch your wires.

John

Done the above already... in reverse order though. Re-punched the wires, and inserted a spare universal trunk card. Results did not change. Is there a way to raise the volume of the music within the PBX. Apart from the music source. Thanks all!

What's on Route 45? (call the ACCD for Route 45 to see what you hear, and for how long you hear it)

From your ACD queue:

FRRT 45
FRT 6
SRRT 45
SRT 120

It's a RAN route based on your ACD queue, but you said you just hear silence. Is it possible callers are really hearing music that is bleeding from the MUS trunk into the RAN trunk in route 45?

GHTROUT.com | FAQs | Recent Replies

SCCOPPA:

Thank you for your response.

You say that you've checked the music source, the trunk card input and called the MUS route ACOD and found the audio level to be fine at all of them. Also that you've replaced the trunk card with no change in results. I'm not aware of anything within the PBX that allows you to raise or lower the audio volume and the UTC doesn't have any gain settings, as such.

Beyond suggesting that you try moving it to a port on another UTC that you have in your switch I'll defer to far more experienced hands to assist you.

Good luck.

Regards,
Harry
"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson

Here are RAN routes 45 (French) and 43 (English):

ROUT 43
DES ENGRAN
TKTP RAN
NPID_TBL_NUM 0
RTYP AUD
GRD PLAY
REP 1
POST DIS
STRT DDL
WAIT RGB
BDCT NO
ASUP NO
ACOD 7143
TARG
CDR NO
MUS NO
RACD NO
TTBL 0
OHTD NO
ALRM NO
SGRP 0
AACR NO

ROUT 45
DES RAN2
TKTP RAN
NPID_TBL_NUM 0
RTYP LVL
GRD PLAY
REP 1
POST DIS
STRT DDL
WAIT RGB
BDCT NO
ASUP NO
ACOD 7145
TARG
CDR NO
MUS NO
RACD NO
TTBL 0
OHTD NO
ALRM NO
SGRP 0
AACR NO

Dialing the access code delivers a 5-10 second message and then the line drops off.

Thanks again all for your help!

When using music routes I believe they use conferencing to distribute to the calls. As with standard conference calls, the more callers are on, the lower the over all volume is. In this case it could be that your volume is too low because you have it assigned to too many loops. You might want to try removing it from a few and see if the volume increases on the others. If it does, build another route for music (or more than one if needed) and try feeding that in to the other ACD's to see if that makes a difference. You should be able to use the same source and increase the volume there if needed.
On the above RAN routes, make sure the recordings do not have silence after the message, which might account for the lull between the message and the music.
Hope this helps.

There is no relation to number of callers listening to music and the volume of the music. And you can't assign or unassign it to/from specific loops...so that's going nowhere. If there were blockage, the result would simply be no music on hold for some calls.

The mystery here is that the poster can hear the music fine when they call it directly, but when it plays to a queued caller, the volume is low. Technically that's just not possible - but clearly it is occurring.

GHTROUT.com | FAQs | Recent Replies

Hi All,
Thanks for the info.

I will try adding a new MUS route and see if that make a difference.

How many trunks are there in route 40?

Signature===========================================
Artificial Intelligence Is No Match for Natural Stupidity.

The latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Red meat is not bad for you, it is the green fuzzy meat that is bad.

Ok Rules out resistance drop from having multiple connections. I have found that the volume from a headset can differ from what the callers hear. I usually adjust with a butt set on the trunk and then again while on hold from an external line.

Signature===========================================
Artificial Intelligence Is No Match for Natural Stupidity.

The latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Red meat is not bad for you, it is the green fuzzy meat that is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back