Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lovsan virus filter no available for Sniffer 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked at the filter from NAI, but am using the one modeled off of Laura Chappell's site. Quick to setup on finding Lovsan. Just does a data pattern filter for source and destination ports 4444. I modified the filter a bit, to also look for port 135 (blaster), and it looks like the new Sobig worm works of port 123 as well.

Hello phaelon56,

Just wondering what the link is to the main page for downloading more sniffer filters?

Thanks in advance!

I don't know of a specific page at NAI's web site where Sniffer virus filters can be downloaded. They've only released a few in the past couple years, Code Red and Blaster being among them. I've just sort of stumble across them or in some cases received an NAI email advising me that a new one was available (I've been to a bunch of Sniffer classes over the years and am on some kind of mailing list).

Owen O'Neill
Datacom Systems Inc.
Northeastern SE

You need to look at McAfee's web site for the specific virus. If there's a Sniffer filter available there will be a link to it in there. There is no master filter posted on Sniffer.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back