Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Loudspeaker Paging on G430

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duaneness

Technical User
Apr 12, 2001
US
Good day all,
We are migrating a site from a G3R EPN SCC to a G430. Got everything done except the paging. The EPN used an Aux port connected to a 909 Universal Coupler, which was in turn connected to an Avaya-branded 250 watt amp (sure looks like a Bogen 250). Dial the paging code, hear three beeps, and make your page.

Tried connecting a CO port from the G430 to the 909, configured as an analog TG. Dialed the TAC, just got dead air.

Tried connecting an analog station port from the G430 to the 909, configured as a paging-loudspeaker group. Dialed the access code and got more dead air.

Tried connecting the analog port directly to the T/R inputs on the amp, still got dead air.

Am I missing something? Do I need a different piece of hardware?

We have more of these sites to migrate, and will have the same problem....

Thanks in advance!

- Duaneness

Your first attempt was likely the most correct. Sometimes you have to turn on cut through access and turn off the Outgoing Dial Type, both in the trunk group form. Have you tried any of those?

Trunk Group type: wats; Trunk Type: loop-start

Under "Outgoing Dial Type" my choices are "automatic", "mf", "rotary", and "tone". I don't see a way to turn this off. And I don't see any reference to "cut through access."

- Duaneness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back