Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Loud sqeal when off hook

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnava

IS-IT--Management
Nov 18, 2005
US
On a Option 81C when I go off hook on all phones we get a loud sqeal noise. Anyone have any ideas what could cause this?

I have had analog line cards go bad and “some” of the sets will have distorted dial tone. I have other techs state that they have found bad Per Sig cards; I believe that will just affect the sets in the Network group associated with the Per Sig card that may be bad. It’s been 20+ years since I went through a MG training class so that’s not gospel.

Are these TDM or VOIP

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

These are TDM's, but I wanted to say thank you to TDMtek. even though it's been 20+ years since your MG class, your mind is just as sharp as it was back then.

That was the problem. we took no chances and replaced both Per Sig cards, one in each cabinet.

Thanks all for the help. Nice to know you can count on kind folks out there in our business.

I Agree DNAVA,
I love this site and the Techs that prowl it.

We don't prowl. We just happen to 'always' be in the right place at the right time.

DocVic
Dedicated to Nortel Products till the end.
Need help?

i would look at your power supply.. if the dc output is way high it could cause that..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back