Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Loud beep on second line on 2616 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrulez

MIS
Jun 27, 2005
US
Is there any way to get rid of that annoying loud beep when your on a call and your second line rings? I am using a 2616.

Change Key 1 to a SCN instead of the SCR (or possible MCN vs. MCR). The difference is SCN = Single Call Non-Ringing vs. SCR = Single Call Ringing.

Same is true for MCR/MCR (Multi-call)

Hope this helps,

Scott M.

he hit that one on the head, a single beep lets you know you have the second call, might just nul the key and it goes away also

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

You could just turn down the Buzzer volume - soft beep insteed of loud beep

I am assuming that you want to hear when the second line rings but do not want the BUZZ sound?
If so....what is the class of service set at? Is the CLS set at BUZZ? If so try changing this to RNGI or RNGB. See how you go.

Aside from getting rid of the beep, what CLS do you enable to allow the called party to see who is calling when the call is rolled over to key 1 from key 0? Using CLS DNDD and CNDA works when 2616s call 3904s but not vice versa. is there a limitation on the 2616s that restricts this function or am i missing something?

I thought you could adjust the volume of the beep with the volume pad on the set? You have to be quick, and you will probably have to call the set a couple of times, when you hear the beep hit the decrease side.

I may be wrong but I seem to remember doing this in the past.

your right on that, you can adjust it, or turn it off

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

It's been a long time since I used a 2616, but I believe you can adjust the BUZZ by using the PROGRAM key.

Thanks for the reply John, but I tried CLS TDD. Here is the issue: The primary DN on phone A is busy with phone B. When phone C calls phone A, the display on phone C (the phone calling phone A) does not display that phone A is busy. It only shows that extension that is being called. On phone A (the phone being called) however, displays that phone C is calling the DN and "BUSY". The CLSs are CPNA, DNDD, and TDD on all of the phones. Phone C will only display "BUSY" when the call is forwarded to voicemail. How can the "BUSY" be displayed immediately? And why is "BUSY" being displayed on the called party? Is there a CLS that allows the called phone to display this status? Or is the configuration in the CPND data block? Thanks for your help.

I forgot to mention in my previous posting that the DN on key 0 rolls over to key 1, and there is LHK 1 configured. Thanks.

compare this to your class
Code:
CLS  UNR FBD WTA LPR PUA MTA FNA HTA TDD HFA GRLD CRPD STSA
     MWA LMPN RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRA NID OLD VCE DRG1
     POD DSX VMD CMSD SLKD CCSD SWD LNA CNDA
     CFTD SFD MRD DDV CNID CDCD MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
     ICDD CDMD LLCN MCTA CLBD AUTU
     GPUA DPUD DNDA CFXA ARHA FITA CLTD ASCD
     CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHD FICA NAID RNGI AGRD MOAD AHD
     DDGA NAMA
     DRDD EXR0
     USMD USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND OCBD FLXD FTTC DNDY DNO3 MCBN

rls 3 81c

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Still no good. For some The call is getting redirected from the prime DN to the roll over DN which causes the BUSY to be displayed on the called phone as oppose to the callling phone. Hmmmmmmm....... Ok let me see what else I can find. Any other suggestions are appreciated. Thanks Folks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back