Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lotus WordPro Release 9 on Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexalex1

Instructor
May 14, 2004
US
There is a group of users where I work that have installed Lotus 1-2-3 SmartSuite version 9.5. Part of that suite includes WordPro release 9.0 for Windows 95, but now one of the users is having major issues working in files saved in it...file hanging up and shutting down, gettting error messages, etc....here is what I need to know...

I simply need to know whether or not Lotus WordPro version 9 for Windows 95 IS or IS NOT compatible with Windows XP Professional? Can someone please answer that for me very straightforwardly?

I appreciate it!

Thank you!
Sandra Rosputko

SOrry, I don't think I know what you mean "run as" options?

Here's the thing, and I apologize if I wasn't totally clear, but it's already been installed on the users machine.... the problem is using the program for any long period of time without freezing up or getting an error message. The user has files saved in this program and everything, it's just getting it to work for any long period of time without the program going bazerk. So, I was wondering if it was because it was such an older version and not very compatible with Windows XP - what do you think?

SmartSuite 9.7 is the first release that is truly OK on XP. Word Pro in that release is N99.7.0108.1400 so I would assume your N98 (Word Pro 9.0) is an older version not suitable for Windows XP.

I should comment that my notes on this are several years old. I checked again at the IBM/Lotus site and what I read confirmed my notes. You are not going to be happy under XP unless you upgrade your Word Pro version.

You should check the IBM/Lotus Word Pro Forum, as it is quite good.

Try Franklin's tip by doing the following:

Do a search for file "Wordpro.exe" (without quotation marks), right click on the file and select Properties, select the Compatibility Tab, tick Compatibility Mode, this will give you a choice of previous windows systems, in your case this would be Windows 95 and click Apply.

This might fix your problem in the short term, but as bcastner recommends, an upgrade to Lotus 9.7 or 9.8 is the real answer.

Toolman59

Thank you very much to everyone for responding to my query!! Hope you all had a great long weekend!

Kindly,
Sandra Rosputko
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back