Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lotus Notes won't close properly 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmanivas

Programmer
Jul 20, 2001
US
Hi everybody,
Sometime my Lotus Notes client won't close properly; So the next time when I try to open up the client it won't open.
To do so, I need to either log off or restart my machine. Is anybody there to let me know
1. what causes this problem, and
2. how can I eliminate that?
I am using Lotus Notes Release 5.0.6a
Thanks in advance

A little program called Zapnotes will close all Notes-processes that are running. Look for it on Notes.net

Thank u Hercules, & Jackdaw
Both of ur tips helped me.
I tested both of them
I would suggest NotesMedic Pro to any body rather than ZapNotes, since the later took a long time to do the killing
Thanks once again to both of you

I used notesmedicpro and it totally locked on 3 different boxes in here. All the boxes were AOK and had notes R5 running on them. Once it launched, it never responded again! Bla........

Create a batch file like the following. And place it as the shortcut on peoples desktops. Means that it runs every time and that people dont have to start notesmedic and then notes, they still just click on the shortcut. You can even replace the icon to the notes icon so they will not even relize.

Kill naldaemn.exe
kill nhldaemn.exe
kill nlnotes.exe
kill nupdate.exe
kill nwrdaemn.exe

Start /Dh:\notes\data C:\NotesR5\Program\notes.exe

AKENT

Thank u AKENT, Initially even I thought about this. But I don't have a list processes I need to kill.. Thats the problem

That is the list of processes. Well it is for R5 anyway.

Akent

Sorry you also need the kill.exe from the resource kit or you can download it from technet.

akent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back