Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lotus Notes, which OS is best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clochman

Technical User
Apr 24, 2002
US
We are currently running Lotus Notes (5.0.8)server on Windows NT 4, and have had memory leak and rebooting problems. I am charge of determining which OS would be the most stable. We are looking at Linux (SUSE and Red Hat), HP-UX, and NT 4. Any feedback is greatly appreiciated.

TIA
Chris

Are you limited only to those platforms? We're running Domino 5.08 on AS400 hardware and have not had a problem. NT4 Server has been very stable for us as well. What hardware are you running on?

AS/400 isn't a realistic option for a lot of small/medium sized companies since they tend to be a bit expensive :-(

But I have to admit that it's a really stable platform.

Anyway, have you considered replacing NT4 with Windows 2000 if you want to stick to the Win32 platform? it's my experience that performance and stability seem to be a bit better compared to NT4.

Linux is also a viable alternative as long as you don't intend to use iNotes since that's (still) unsupported on that platform.

Cheers.

Woonjas
---IRC-#notes on EFnet--- Woonjas
IRC: #notes on EFNet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back