Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lotus Notes to MS Access with ODBC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jurzyguy

Programmer
Jun 8, 2001
US
Could somebody post code or describe how to place info from a document, say with first name, last name, and title, into a Microsoft Access database with the same fields and data? I've looked around but the ODBC information is very confusing.

You can create a new view with the information that you want to export. Go to the new view you've created and export it (choose "Tabular text" as the saveas type). Then you should be able to import it into MSAccess.
Let me know if you need more detail or run into problems.

MS-Access 97 will not open the file as tabular text, I get an error. I've only been successful exporting as a 1-2-3 spreadsheet with the file extension .wk4 to Excel. Forcing this extension gets rid of funny characters in the exported document. I suppose this is good enough for now, but I wish there was a way to create a view on the fly instead of hard-coding exactly what data can be exported.

MS-Access 97 will not open the file as tabular text, I get an error. I've only been successful exporting as a 1-2-3 spreadsheet with the file extension .wk4 to Excel. Forcing this extension gets rid of funny characters in the exported document. I suppose this is good enough for now, but I wish there was a way to create a view on the fly instead of hard-coding exactly what data can be exported.

MSAccess97 should be able to import a tabular text doc. Instead of a link to a spreadsheet, you could set up an import macro that first deletes the records of the table and then imports the file.

You're right, I got it to import as tabular text and that will work just fine for my case. Thanks.

Hi all,
is it possible to export MS-Access-Database to Lotus notes standard database ? if yes , how can i do that ?
it will be perfect ,if you send me a sourcecode (Delphi or visual C++).

Thank you very much
xavier-1@mail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back