Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lotus Notes R5 Day 1? Text question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoseQuiervo

Programmer
Sep 25, 2002
US
I apologize for the very weak question but this is day one of years to come. When creating a form, is it possible to have the text immobile? The text I'm referring to is a label for a field. And when I place this text on the other side of a field, it moves depending on how many characters I enter into that field. If this helps, I was an Access programmer and was thrown into this this morning.

Thanks for the help. I'm sure I'll be back again and again!

Jose (Can i just call you that?),

You can put your field and label on a table or inside a layout region.

How?
1) Create a table with two columns, create field inside one column, and type a label on the other column. Then set border style to standard, and border thickness to zero, so the table borders won't show. No matter how many characters you put inside your field, the label on the other column will not move. Have already tried this :)

2) Or, create a layout region and put your field and lable inside it. Then set region to transparent. Also tried this, though with some limitations (you cannot put tables or rich text fields in it).

Hope this helps!
Doodie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back