Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lotus Notes R5 Archiving 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny316

Technical User
Oct 15, 2001
GB
Hello,
I wonder if anyone can help me,
I am trying to set up archiving for the people here at work we have about 30 PC's On about 8 of them we cannot archive, as we get the error.."Cannot access archive settings, document has been deleted"

Like I say, this is only affecting about 7 or 8 people the rest can archive without problem. does anyone know how I can access the settings from this stage or know of a way to resolve this problem.

Any help or advice is welcomed

Thanks
Danny

Danny,

Here's the best fix we've come up with:

A) Customer has existing replica
Open replica database and go to "Actions....Archive....Settings"
Click OK
Exit replica database
Go to Replicator Tab
Click on double arrow on customers mail file replica
Uncheck box for "Receive from server"
Click Start to initiate Replication

B) Customer does not have existing replica
Select mail file icon and create new Replica
File...Replication...New Replica
When complete open replica database and go to "Actions...Archive...Settings"
Click OK
Go to Replicator Tab
Click on double arrow on customers mail file replica
Uncheck box for "Receive from server"
Click Start to initiate Replication

Ron P.

The fix you gave him is not what I call a solution. This only work if you are the administrator. You need full access on the server.
Please, come up with a Client solution
thank you
Thomas de schoenburg
IT Unicef

The 'fix' I posted is a Client solution. It does not require admin rights, as the end user can follow the steps outlined on their own workstation.

Ron P.

Hello Ronp, thanks for your help
I have tried the fix you suggested but still get the error, Lotus script error-cursor object not set

Do you have any ideas

Thanks
Danny

Danny,

Is the Lotus Script error new, or was it part of the original problem? Also, do your customers have the Designer client installed or just the Notes client?

I'm not familiar with the 2nd error message "cursor object not set", but if the error dialog box states that it's a Script error I would try deleting the Script Libraries from the offending databases with the Designer client; then replace the Template design again.

Ron

When you set up an archive, the FIRST person to open the archive becomes the OWNER by default. When you set up archives for someone make sure you do it on their machine using their ID file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back