Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lotus Notes Docs in Full Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Is it possible to show Lotus Notes Documents, Emails etc. without the header and the menu?
Like MsInternetExplorer has the F11 Key to do that or PowerPoint has the presentation mode.
Our people see the docs only on the bottom half of their screen.

By "bottom half of their screen", I assume you're referring to the document preview mode, for example in the Inbox. I assume you're aware that by double-clicking you can open the email to "full-screen"?

Beyond that, I'm not sure you're comparing Notes fairly. IE and PowerPoint (in presentation mode) are both geared toward the simple conveyance of information and are greatly lacking in functionality (tools, actions, etc.). They're not in the same league as Notes, which for your purposes might best be compared to Outlook. At least on my computers, both programs occupy 4 lines of screen above the body of a document. Not much of a sacrifice for what I gain in functionality, IMO.

If I'm misunderstanding you, please clarify. Hope this helps. "One fish, two fish,
Red fish, blue fish."

If you are using the "Preview Pane" (opens the notes in the bottom half of the notes screen, then there are 2 ways to stop this. You can either drag the top of the preview pane bar down, or click on View - and uncheck Document preview.

Is there a way to have the document preview stay active as a default when starting up notes instead of having to go to view, document preview, show preview. Notes R5 is being used but not sure what release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back