Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lotus Notes Database to Oracle

Status
Not open for further replies.

arunishere

Technical User
Jul 17, 2003
IN
I need a help, I need to pull data from Lotus notes source database to Oracle target. Does anyone has an idea as to how we can do it. We are still looking at the feasibility. Appreciate a quick response.

Thanks,
Arun

You could use one of the ETL tool like informatica, data junction. I am sure there is a ODBC driver for Lotus Notes. In the case you can write you own VB routine to transfer data.
else is there any administration tool in Lotus to convert the database into text file. then u can use sql loader to load data.

Informatica supports an ODBC connector which can be used to connect to Lotus Notes. Watch the number of columns in the view on the Lotus Notes database, ODBC only supports 256 columns. If the views have less than 256 columns Informatica will have problems reading the data and will produce overflow errors. After some research I found two tools that do an adequate job (Lotus Notes Enterprise Integerator (LEI) and DataJunction). We use LEI to populate stage tables then Informatica reads the stage tables. Data Junction has native drivers that will support an unilimited number of columns. LEI uses a Notes database and appears to be fairly stable.

Hope this helps

Thanks a lot for the information David/Subhashab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back