Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lotus Notes client replication

Status
Not open for further replies.

bd1102

MIS
Mar 31, 2004
Has anyone had this issue where everytime you replicate a certain database it runs the "one time only - replication setup"?
cannot figure this out.
Thanks

Hey,

Are you on R6? If so, right-click the the DB entry on the Replicator Page and left-click Options. Do you have Scheduled Replication enabled from the Basics tab? Let me know.

Rgds,

John

Packet7- Not yet soon. Running R5.0.10

Hey,

Try to look at the Replication Properties as I previously explained. I think it's the same in R5. Let me know.

Rgds,

John

im having the same problem....i disabled scheduled replication and it didn't work. any other suggestions???

thanks!

metty

I would check the Replication setting and Replication schedule. Are you using Notes or Domino to replicate? Let me know.

Rgds,

John

After you create the Replica, you will want to make sure that Replication is enabled within your location document (Replication Tab).

If you were replicating using Domino, this would be handled via a connection doc.

Rgds,

John

I know that. It replicates all the way until about 90% and then times out. Receives like 1,125 out of 1,450 messages and hangs. Thanks!

My bad. Did you try clearing the Replication History on both replicas?

Rgds,

John

I would delete your local replica and re-create it. This isn't over a slow connection or VPN is it? I have come across this issue with a VPN connection. Turned out that it wasn't related to Notes at all. Just had to tweak the VPN, since the enrypted traffic was fragmented.

Rgds,

John

Done that about 10 times. Not a VPN connection. It happened when they upgraded my mail template to R6. I had them downgrade me back to R5 mail template, but it wouldn't replicate anymore.

Is this happening with your mail file? If so, did they use "convert" or "Replace Design" when upgrading you to R6?

Rgds,

John

Thanks for trying to help.
I am using domino R5.0.10
It is not anything that has been posted so far.
I did see tips about clearing history and tried that, but did not help.
I believe something is corrupt as it happens with two databases of the 5 I replicate and both are around 330 to 350 meg in size.
I was told to make a copy of the DB and burn it to CD.
Then at the remote location 1st copy the DB from CD to data file. Uncheck read only and then replicate. So I will try this later this week.
Bri

It was network related. I used a VPN connection from home and it replicated without any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back