Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lotus Notes breaks links

Status
Not open for further replies.

nstefi1

Technical User
Oct 3, 2008
CA
We have a website running on ColdFusion and there is a reset password link on the website which can send out a link to the users to reset their login password.
This is a long link with some parameters.
Lotus Notes users always have problem with the link, because they receive the link changed.
The link has a parameter called section and the url looks like ... &section= ...
Lotus Notes is changing "&section" to a special character (paragraph sign).
I found a similar thread talking about same problem (breaking the links) here:
but we don't have any Exchange server, the web server is sending out the link using SMTP.
Also I tried to do a workaround and generated the link manually and sent out from my Outlook 2007. This way they received the link broken down in 3 lines. It is true that the link is long, but Lotus Notes should not break it up in 3 lines.
We don't have any problems with users who are using Outlook or web mail.
We have lots of members using Lotus Notes and it is really annoying that I have to waste time with this.

Thank you very much for help,
Steven

Thank you.
This fixed it.
I already deleted that parameter from the url (&section=home) and the reset link still worked, however your solution is better because I have all the original parameters. I found strange that after I removed the &section=home, I still had another parameter called &activesection=home which was ok for Lotus Notes (it was not encoded and still worked, only converted the word &section)

Also I found that Lotus not really showing the real date of the emails. I downloaded lots of emails which were sent last week and all of them have today's date in the header.
I am using Outlook 2007 and it shows when the email was sent not when I received it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back